It is a partnership between the 'Cleaner Air Boroughs' of Camden, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham and Wandsworth, industry partners across the demolition and construction sector and King's College London.
What will the LLECP actually do?
The objectives for the project are:
- Help the construction industry to understand its impact on local air quality.
- Encourage the uptake of 'best in class' pollution reduction (abatement) measures.
- Improve pollution monitoring and make this data available for construction sites in London.
- Help to fund 'best in class' abatement measures at construction sites.
- Evaluate the cost effectiveness of pollution abatement techniques.
How will we achieve this?
We aim to achieve the objectives through the following :
- Review current emissions abatement to ensure that the latest technology is included in this project.
- Launch a dedicated website containing information on the air pollution impacts from the construction industry and the available abatement measures.
- Provide a real-time pollution measurement platform on the project website.
- Work with targeted construction sites to provide advice and guidance on how to apply 'best in class' abatement.
- Assess the impact of abatement techniques using high quality on-site measurement and specialist data analysis.